For the Love of Paint

Painting, Gardening and All That Big Band Jazz

Sunday, June 01, 2008

My new wedding set, with quite a story!

We had a very unfortunate event happen to C in May, my wedding ring that I had for 17 years was stolen, while my halau was performing at a convalescent home. Needless to say it was very devastating. We had only paid $400 for the set when we got married because I didn't wear big jewelry and we didn't have the money. When it was stolen, we did not have the money to replace it and after a few weeks of mourning, God blessed us. This is such an awesome story, I love telling it. I love how God turns things around for the good. Anyhow, about the time I had come to the conclusion we would have to wait until next tax return to do anything about it, Rob received a call from our pastor's wife. (Just 1 week earlier, she was asking how hula was going and I explained the story to her.) She wanted Robert to come by their house after work, they were in the process of moving so I thought they needed his help with something. Anyways, he came home and I asked what was going on and he walked over to me with tears in his eyes and said, "You know when God just meets you were you are" and pulls out a box. Apparently, a lady came into the church and asked the pastor and his wife if she could donate a wedding set to the church and would like it to be saved for anyone who could not afford a set. She said the Lord had led her to donate it. It was her original set and had been replaced at 15 years of marriage. Our pastor's wife said actually I know a couple that just had her ring stolen and they cannot replace it. Would that be acceptable? And the lady said absolutely. Our pastor had not heard the story, so he was in shock. In all their years in a church, they have never had that type of donation. God was just saying to him, wait on me. Needless to say I was in shock! I cried for the first hour, I just couldn't believe that God would provide for me what is not a necessity, just a desire. He is soooo good. So here is the pic.

OH BY THE WAY, Yes it fit perfectly, it did not need to be sized, so I could wear and enjoy it immediately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home